Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Gallup Pakistan is not related to Gallup Inc. headquartered in Washington D.C. USA. We require that our surveys be credited fully as Gallup Pakistan (not Gallup or Gallup Poll). We disclaim any responsibility for surveys pertaining to Pakistani public opinion except those carried out by Gallup Pakistan, the Pakistani affiliate of Gallup International Association. For details on Gallup International Association see website: www.gallup-international.com

Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2014

The ability of Pakistanis to give a sacrifice on Eid has remained consistent over the years.

Islamabad, October 31, 2014

According to a Gilani Research Foundation Survey carried out by Gallup Pakistan, 67% Pakistanis gave a sacrifice at Eid this year; 32% did not.

A nationally representative sample of adult men and women, from across the four provinces was asked, “Did you have a chance to give a sacrifice at Eid this year?” In response, 67% respondents said that they did have a chance to give a sacrifice this Eid, while 32% said they did not and 1% did not respond.

This question was also asked from 2011 to 2013. The responses indicate that the ability of Pakistanis to give a sacrifice on Eid-ul-Azha has remained fairly consistent over the years. In 2011, 65% respondents said yes, while 34% said no and 1% did not respond.  In 2012, 64% respondents said yes, while 35% said no and 1% did not respond. In 2013, 64% respondents said yes, while 36% said no.
                       
Question: “Did you have a chance to give a sacrifice at Eid this year?”   


Source: GRF Poll (formerly known as Gilani Poll)
Field work conducted by Gallup Pakistan, the Pakistani affiliate of Gallup International Association



The study was released by Gilani Research Foundation and carried out by Gallup Pakistan, the Pakistani affiliate of Gallup International. The recent survey was carried out among a sample of 2514 men and women in rural and urban areas of all four provinces of the country, during October 13 – October 20, 2014. Error margin is estimated to be approximately ± 2-3 per cent at 95% confidence level.

No comments:

Post a Comment