Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: Gallup Pakistan is not related to Gallup Inc. headquartered in Washington D.C. USA. We require that our surveys be credited fully as Gallup Pakistan (not Gallup or Gallup Poll). We disclaim any responsibility for surveys pertaining to Pakistani public opinion except those carried out by Gallup Pakistan, the Pakistani affiliate of Gallup International Association. For details on Gallup International Association see website: www.gallup-international.com

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Mixed views among the Pakistani public about facilitating admissions in schools for unqualified students.

Islamabad, September 18, 2014


According to a Gilani Research Foundation Survey carried out by Gallup Pakistan, 54% Pakistanis would recommend a friend’s son to get him admission in a school, if he could not get admission due to his low grades.

A nationally representative sample of adult men and women, from across the four provinces was asked, “Suppose that one of your friends wants to get his son admitted in school but that is not happening because of low grades. The headmaster of the school is your friend and admission is possible through your recommendation. Will you recommend him or not?” Responding to this question, 54% Pakistanis said they will recommend a friend’s son for admission in a school if he could not get admission based on his grades. On the other hand, 46% Pakistanis will not give any such recommendation.
                                                                                                               

Question: “Suppose that one of your friends wants to get his son admitted in school but that is not happening because of low grades. The headmaster of the school is your friend and admission is possible through your recommendation. Will you recommend him or not?”



Source: GRF Poll (formerly known as Gilani Poll)
Field work comducted by Gallup Pakistan, the Pakistani affiliate of Gallup International Association







The study was released by Gilani Research Foundation and carried out by Gallup Pakistan, the Pakistani affiliate of Gallup International. The recent survey was carried out among a sample of 2618 men and women in rural and urban areas of all four provinces of the country, during August 04 – August 11, 2014. Error margin is estimated to be approximately ± 2-3 per cent at 95% confidence level.

No comments:

Post a Comment